HOUSTON—Whether you like it or not, Facebook is rolling out a new timeline on March 30 and it will affect every user.
While most Facebook users don’t like the change, the new timeline is a new way to show off your page and will actually be groundbreaking for businesses.
Social media analyst Ashley Small gives explains what it’s all about!
For the newbies, here are some basic terms to know:
- Cover photo- the large photo at the top of your timeline, right above your profile picture.
- Timeline- your collection of the photos, stories and experiences that tell your story.
- Pin- a picture, update, video or link that you’ve selected to have prominent placement on your page.
- Highlight- a picture, update, video or link that spans across your page.
- Share- repost content to share with your friends.
- Tag- hyperlinked mentions of friends, organizations or brands. A tag links a person, page, or place to something you post, like a status update or a photo.
Have questions? Please tweet to me at @ashleyrsmall or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.