I suppose I'm getting up there in age. And I'm overly caffeinated and super emotional and tried really hard to avoid going all "Oprah" on ya'll with this post. You know what I mean. Oprah's reflective, inspiring and predictably cheesy...but I adore her.
Anyway, my birthday is in 3 days and as much I wanted to get on my soap box and talk about "26 steps to successfully running a business," or "26 reasons you should be marketing online"- the Oprah in me is dying to use this post as a platform to show appreciation. And yes, I do realize I took a short cut (2+6 opposed to 26) but it's 5 am and my brain and body is over me and this insomnia. So...
1. Forgiveness- This might sound odd, but a former client who (in my mind) was....errr...mad at me (for lack of better words) has recently been sending me new business leads regularly. Forgiveness may not be the right word. Perhaps I was being Presumptuous.
2. Paper- I can always count on my friend Shan or my wedding photographer Carli to brighten my day with a "just because" postcard or thank you note. In the mailbox. Remember those?
3. Irony- Oh boy, these past few months have been full of irony. My life has been grand, but...put it like this: Most "girly girls" would've had a nervous breakdown by now. Thank God for humbling experiences and opportunities to grow. I am SO Richard and Beverly's daughter.
4. Family- Really having an Oprah moment now. Refuse to cry though. My family is everything...and I mean EVERYthing. Does everyone's family just feel like love and pure joy? Man...
5. Mentors- Mentors are so very necessary. Especially ones who truly believe in their heart that you're meant to be exceptional. And ones who refuse to let you get too comfortable...and even the ones who remind you just how small your piece of the pie is in this competitive market.
6. Spiritual Freedom- Me and my hubs finally became members of Southpoint Church. The first church we both agree on and the first church where I feel totally comfortable with my spirituality. Funny thing is, the idea of "better than" or in other words "more highly favored," has seemed to permeate onto social media networks...new post....'nother day. Had a non-Oprah moment:).
7. Friends- As I mentioned in my New Years post earlier this year, I only have a few. But the few I have are dynamic, inspiring, loyal and so incredibly authentic.
8. Love- True love and unconditional friendship can only be the work of God. He reveals to me what love truly is every day.